Friday, March 15, 2013

Student Shout Outs

    I have recently started doing student shout outs.  The students love it.  I have to say from the very beginning that this was not my idea.  I found this on pinterest and the website that I discovered.  It at is: Kindness Seeds: Day 7: Student Shout Outs!
     The students during their free time write shout outs or write about something kind another student did for them.  The catch is that they can not put their name on the shout out.  This is so that the focus is on the student that did something kind and not about the student who wrote.  A couple of times a day I read a couple of them, the class claps and they get to put it on the shout out board.  I have to say they have even written a couple of shout outs to me, which is very sweet!!
     I am surprised at how popular this has become so quickly.  Several times a day the students ask me if I can read more shout outs.  I think and hope and it is promoting kindness in a very simple, effective and positive way.



No comments:

Post a Comment